On October 2nd, 2018 TYPO3 Version 9.5 LTS was released. As the successor to version 8, this version will again be supported for several years with security and stability updates (LTS = Long Term Support). Again, there are some highlights that this new version brings with it that go far beyond security updates. To name just a few of the most exciting new features:
- Speaking URLs are now standard in the TYPO3 9.5 LTS core system, extension modules such as EXT: realurl or EXT: cooluri with their known disadvantages are no longer necessary. In addition, URLs can now be changed manually.
- There is also a native redirection management when URLs change.
- Also now standard with TYPO3 9.5 LTS are advanced SEO / search engine optimization functions, such as setting opengraph meta tags for Facebook, Canonial URLs, robots.txt and sitemap.xml handling and much more. Here, too, you can now do without an additional SEO extension module in most cases.
- TYPO3 9.5 LTS now has a so-called "Site Management", with which you can now configure different web sites within a TYPO3 installation separately from each other, especially in terms of multilingual handling.
- Various usability improvements have been made in the CMS interface, which make it easier for editors.
- The mail form system now has the option of showing or hiding form fields under certain conditions.
- More system speed
Here you can get an overview of these and the other new functions.
Free offer for TYPO3 9.5 LTS training or update